Water Fountain Temperatures

%0A

During the school day students tend to get thirsty and thousands of water bottles are filled at water fountain each week. What became glaringly obvious to us was the observation that not all water fountains give the same water temperature. Clearly, students and faculty alike would want to drink the coldest water possible. We wrote this story for you to use as a cheat sheet to find the most refreshing water fountains around school. 

Our research was conducted during the second week of school on Thursday and Friday. B and E period journalism students conducted the experiment during their periods using a digital thermometer from Teacher Of The Year, Coach Lyons. We averaged the water temperatures out by taking four readings throughout the two days. 

Coldest Water Fountains

First Floor T (Across from Coach J’s Room) (Left Fountain)

Ranking number one as the coldest, most refreshing water fountain at a 56.6°F average is the First Floor T (left fountain). This water fountain is not just cold, but also very accessible to reach. 

First Floor Driscoll Near Auditorium

Coming in second for the coldest water fountain is the first floor Driscoll. It averaged a chilly 61.4° F, this fountain is right by the auditorium. This fountain is slept on and needs more patronage!

Warmest Water Fountains

Second Floor Main Hallway (Left Fountain)

This one to avoid is the second floor main hallway water fountain on the left. The fountain is near room 203 and is the warmest fountain in the school. We got the temperatures and it came to an average of 80.7°F, which was wild to record. The water fountain is fairly accessible but is so warm that it is worth it to find another one nearby.

Cafeteria

Ranking the one of the warmest water fountains unfortunately is by the cafeteria. It averaged a temperature of 80.5°F, which for being used throughout the duration of before and during lunch is interesting.

Here is the full breakdown from coldest to warmest:

About the Contributors
Ty Ruttinger
Ty Ruttinger, Staff Writer

Ty Ruttinger is a senior at St. X. He plays golf for the team and loves friendly wagers on the course. His favorite food is the Baconator at Wendy’s. He loves watching UFC and Jake Paul boxing matches.

Clay Robinson
Clay Robinson, Staff Writer

Clay is a junior who plays volleyball for St. X. In his free time Clay likes to play golf, watch sports and hangout with his buddies. Clay’s favorite sports teams are the Packers, Cavs and the Louisville Cardinals. With the 2023/2024 intermediate season approaching, Clay and the C team Holy Trinity Eagles are ready to get revenge and win the chip. 

Gavin Metcalfe
Gavin Metcalfe, Staff Writer
Gavin Metcalfe is a senior and a master pickle ball player. He is a huge Kentucky sports fan and has been to approximately 45 basketball games at Rupp Arena. Gavin is also an expert fence builder, and contrary to popular belief, Gavin does not reside in the CMC. He also possesses an uncanny sense of direction.