Boyd’s Auto Detailing Business

%28Gavin+Metcalfe%29
(Gavin Metcalfe)

Most of us don’t even think about cleaning our cars, and we take lengthy periods of time in between each car wash. St. X senior Hayden Boyd has created his own car detailing and cleaning business, Boyd Detailing. He is an efficient worker and works well with his hands. He is very mechanical and street smart, and he guarantees that he will do his best work.

“I’ve never wanted to work a normal job and I loved doing things with my hands and I love being in control,” Boyd said. “So, I started this business because not many people do it, and I enjoy it thoroughly.”

Boyd resides in Fisherville, Ky, right outside of Louisville. He provides all kinds of services such as exterior washes and paint protection treatments. He does carpet extractions, interior plastic and vinyl cleaning, sun damage protection, engine bay cleans, and he cleans the underbelly of the cars as well.

(Photo used with permission of Hayden Boyd)

When he first started working, he found that it was hard to maintain constant success. He understands that small businesses can fall easily. Therefore, he gives 100% effort, and he gives that effort each time he is given a new task. He looks to continue his work and possibly pursue this full time.

“I think that I can keep this business going on the side while also working full time,” Boyd said. “I believe could achieve a double income. If the business takes off, it could be really successful, and I could pursue it as a career.”

Boyd has faced many challenges with his business journey, but the biggest was getting started. He was new to this, and he wasn’t completely sure what to buy or how to begin. Along with getting his start, finding customers was a tall task.

“Finding customers to detail was even harder,” Boyd said. “I started out slowly, detailing my close family members’ vehicles and took pictures of their car before and after the job was finished. I posted the results on my social media accounts. This helped because it showed everyone what they could expect from my work.”

Boyd enjoys working and is friendly and personable. If you are looking to have your car cleaned and detailed, he can be contacted at the number 502-389-6450 and found via his Instagram (boyd_auto_detailing) and on Facebook (Hayden Boyd).

(Photos used with permission of Hayden Boyd)

About the Contributor
Gavin Metcalfe
Gavin Metcalfe, Staff Writer
Gavin Metcalfe is a senior and a master pickle ball player. He is a huge Kentucky sports fan and has been to approximately 45 basketball games at Rupp Arena. Gavin is also an expert fence builder, and contrary to popular belief, Gavin does not reside in the CMC. He also possesses an uncanny sense of direction.