Xavier News

Xavier News

Xavier News

Students Participate in March “Musical” Madness

Jack Henry
Mrs. Tapia’s March “Musical” Madness Bracket

It’s that time of year when people start to fill out their brackets for March Madness. Many students and teachers in the World Languages Department are filling out a different type of bracket.

Many people are wondering what this March Music Madness is all about? They function the same way as the normal March Madness bracket, but instead of teams, two songs from the last 12 months go head-to-head.

Many students in Spanish and French classes around the world participate in the annual event. Students listen to each song and vote for their favorites to see which song advances to the next round.

Mrs. Letty Tapia and her students have been participating in the event for a while. She puts the bracket outside her classroom for everyone to follow the progress.

Dr. Anne Bornschein is adding French Music Madness to the classroom as well. The format is the same, and students all around the world fill out their brackets for the French songs.

Any student can participate in the French or Spanish challenges. If you would like to fill out your bracket for the French music competition, feel free to contact Dr. Bornschein by Wednesday, March 6th. The link for the Spanish competition is here.

Example brackets for the French and Spanish competitions (Preston Dean)
About the Contributors
Preston Dean
Preston Dean, Staff Writer

Preston is a senior and swims for the two-time national champion Tiger Swim Team. Outside of school, he likes to spend time outdoors and hang out with friends. He’s traveled to many countries around the world and is on track to see the seven wonders. While Preston is not traveling, he is trying a new restaurant in the city as an avid foodie.

Jack Henry
Jack Henry, Staff Writer
Jack Henry, a St. X junior who is deeply passionate about soccer. He loves the Louisville Cardinals even when they suck. He is also involved with the Equine Club at St. X. Lastly, he loves St. X and the brotherhood.