Redemption Season: Tiger Tennis

Charlie Clark

The Tigers have something to prove this year after after a 2nd place finish in last year’s state tournament.

They are led by senior Sewanee commit William Lewis and sophomore Aditya Shah. Tiger Tennis also has some great opportunities this season while playing against good out of state competition in cities like Nashville, Cincinnati, Orlando, and Chattanooga.

They started off their season in Nashville against Montgomery Bell and Knoxville Webb, which are both good teams. Lewis won his singles match, but unfortunately the Tigers lost. However, the Kentucky Duals are coming up and the Tigers are looking to get some big wins against teams like Elizabethtown and Covington Catholic.

Aditya Shah playing singles (Photo used with permission of Charlie Clark)

The goal for the season is clear for everyone on the team, especially senior captain William Lewis.

“Obviously our goal is to win state as a team, after losing last year I think it has motivated us even more to win this year,” Lewis said. “My personal goal is to win state in singles. I think I have a good chance if I work hard and focus all season.”

In order to achieve their goal, they will need everyone to step up including the younger guys.

“I think this year we have a lot of players that could make a big impact, specifically I think Hoyt Teague is looking like a really good player for the top six and I also think freshman Jacob Ray will win some big matches this year for us,” Lewis added.

Junior Walker Bush with a volley (Photo used with permission of Charlie Clark)
About the Contributor
Reece Mozzali
Reece Mozzali, Staff Writer
Reece is a red shirt freshman journalist. He is also a triplet whose twin brother also attends St. X. He is a huge Kentucky Wildcats fan who has attended 21 football games. Then is an avid pickle ball player with hopes of turning pro one day.