Xavier News

Xavier News

Xavier News

Intramural Basketball Playoff Rankings

Tense matchup between Team Davis, blue and Team Klein, red (Jake Varga)

You know what time it is…PLAYOFF TIME. Ending the regular season, here are the final rankings of teams going into the playoffs. It’s anybody’s tournament to win, and it comes down to which team wants to take the trophy the most!

# 1 Team Yates (4-0)

Team Yates ends the regular season remaining on top after a very solid win against Team Buse. They got it done with little to no worry this week. They look very scary going into the playoffs.

# 2 Team Davis (3-1)

Team Davis jumps to the two spot in a very wild fashion. After replaying their game against Team Jackson and winning by a huge margin, they went on to play another game. This one against the talented Team England team, and they took care of business. Some may call it ‘The Week of the Mozzalis.’

# 3 Team Klein (3-1)

Oh brother…where do I begin? Just an all around disaster of a week for this ball club. With star player Henry Frank showing up late because of a so-called “nap”, they were without one of their best players. Along with some other players absent, they lost in a pathetic defeat to Team Mayer causing them to drop a spot.

# 4 Team Barry (3-1)

Team Barry stays strong and solid with a win against Team Pinkerton. They look very scary going into the playoffs, and they are not a team you want to face.

# 5 Team Buse (2-2)

Although they lost to Team Yates, they played a solid game and have lots of good pieces on their team who know how to play ball. With the many other losses this week, I had no choice but to move them up.

# 6 Team Jackson (2-2)

Team Jackson lost in their rematch against Team Davis by a wide margin this week. They did not look good, and they need to fix things with their team before playoff time.

# 7 Team Mayer (1-3)

Team Mayer gets a great win against a beat up Klein Team. They finally proved they can win a game, but it’s not enough to move them up a lot in the rankings. They need to prove more which they might be able to do in the playoffs.

# 8 Team England (0-4) 

Team England has proved they have the talent, but they don’t know how to work together and get the job done. With an 0-4 record they continue to lose. While they can’t win, they are a massive dark horse going into the playoffs. Watch out!

# 9 Team Pinkerton (0-4) 

Not much to say about Team Pinkerton here. It’s like kicking a dead horse. Without a win they haven’t shown that they are a threat in this league. I hope they can prove me wrong in the playoffs.

Good luck to all teams in their journey to try and take home the championship!

About the Contributor
Joe Karem
Joe Karem, Staff Writer
Joe is a senior at St. X. He loves hanging with the fellas. He is a 3x intramural basketball champ and a 1x intramural flag football champ. Joe is a massive U of L fan. He believes Lamar is the greatest player of all time. I have a Devin Askew poster above my bed.