Xavier News

Xavier News

Xavier News

Back-to-Back: Carter Guillaume

Guillaume posing on senior night (Jack Bates)

Carter Guillaume did what most seniors only dream of doing. He is now a back-to-back state champion in the heavyweight division. Guillaume also finished his senior season undefeated with a 33-0 record.

Guillaume finished off his 12 year wrestling career in great fashion and is committed to play division one football at the University of Southeast Missouri State. After being down 5-0 to Madison Southern’s Stephen Whitehead early on, Guillaume fought back with a pin to win the title.

Guillaume has excelled in both football and wrestling during his time at St. X. He attributes both sports to his success as they play off one another.

“Wrestling helps tremendously in football,” Guillaume said. “I can especially feel the advantage with my PIs and my body position.”

Carter has won some major tournaments during his senior which helped prepare him for his state tournament. These include the Mater Dei Holiday Classic, Ryle Raider Rumble, South Oldham Invitational and winning the Regional Title.

Guillaume has spent all four years on varsity and was runner up for state sophomore year. He has made memories that will last a lifetime like winning state last year as a junior.

Guillaume throwing up the X (Jack Bates)
About the Contributor
Reece Mozzali
Reece Mozzali, Staff Writer
Reece is a red shirt freshman journalist. He is also a triplet whose twin brother also attends St. X. He is a huge Kentucky Wildcats fan who has attended 21 football games. Then is an avid pickle ball player with hopes of turning pro one day.