Ice Tigers Face-Off in Crucial Game vs. Charleston

The St. Xavier hockey team continued their impressive season last weekend with two commanding victories over Trinity High School and Owensboro High School, with a combined score of 15-1. Led by senior stars Davis Nichols and Andrew Larkin, the Tigers demonstrated their dominance on the ice, adding to their already historic season.

St. X. seniors pictured on their Senior Night. (Photo used with permission of Coach Sullivan)

Riding the wave of their recent victories, the Ice Tigers face their toughest league-play game yet this Saturday against the Charleston Chiefs. The Tigers will have to continue playing at their highest level if they want to maintain their winning streak and remain at the top of their game.

Ice Tigers huddle up before a game. (Photo used with permission of Coach Sullivan)

The Charleston Chiefs have been undefeated in the Kentucky High School Hockey League, with a 6-0 record so far this season. This Saturday’s game against St. Xavier will be a defining one for the Ice Tigers, who are determined to bring home their first Ice Hockey State Title in March.

About the Contributor
Max Newman
Max Newman, Staff Writer
Max is a senior at St. X. He is a member of the soccer team and Spanish Club. In his free time he likes to watch sports and doodle. His favorite color is maroon.