Logsdon Carries Tigers to Semi-State

After a great regional performance by the Tigers, the team has made it through to semi-state. But, the Tigers would not have made it without freshman Dylan Logsdon. 

Logsdon shot a career-low 69, which pushed the Tigers to semi-state. He tied for the second lowest score the regional championship finishing just two strokes behind the winner.

“We wouldn’t have made it through without him,” senior captain Ty Ruttinger said. “He carried us.”

Dylan Logsdon with the regional trophy.

Knowing a course like the back of your hand is a great advantage in golf. Regionals were played at Oxmoor Country Club, Logsdon’s home course, giving him an edge over the competition.

“Oxmoor CC being my home course was a huge advantage,” Logsdon said. “I was able to tell myself before most of my shots, ‘I’ve hit this shot a hundred times before,’ which gave me the confidence to hit a good shot.”

This type of performance on such a big stage is uncommon for a freshman. He showed poise throughout the round and was in control of his mechanics.

“My ball striking all day was very good, and I was able to give myself a lot of birdie looks,” Logsdon said. “I’m glad I could put a good round together for my team on Tuesday.”

The Tigers will play in semi-state on Tuesday, Sep 26, at Kenton County Willow Golf Course, where they will face the 24 remaining teams in the state.

About the Contributor
Sam Tyler
Sam Tyler, Staff Writer
Sam is a senior who loves everything about St. X. He enjoys sports whether he is watching or playing and enjoys being around family and friends. He’s been involved on the soccer team all four years at St. X. When not at school, you can find him on a public golf course setting the course record.