Xavier News

Xavier News

Xavier News

Hollaway’s Hot Start to the Season

COOP!

Junior receiver Cam Hollaway has absolutely burst onto the scene this year for the Tiger football team and is one of the key reasons for the team’s success so far this season.

After waiting his turn as a sophomore last year, Hollaway has thrived as the starting slot receiver this season, leading the team with 13 receptions for 182 yards and four touchdowns. He has made major strides for the Tigers in many different facets. He attributes his success this season to the major improvements made both physically and mentally to be ready for the varsity stage.

“I was able to adjust to varsity football quickly by listening and watching what Zach Marks did last year,” Hollaway said. “I improved on being consistent in my ability to run sharp routes and find ways to get open against elite defenders.”

Hollaway continues to impress with his talents on the field, and his unique abilities are key for the Tigers to make a long run in the postseason. Even with his individual successes, Hollaway has one goal on his mind.

Cam lines up against Male (COOP!)

“My goal this season is to win state,” Hollaway said. “Simple as that.”

Hollaway experienced a major setback last year; he tore his MCL midway through the season, but he came back better than ever with one main motivation: being on the field with his teammates.

“Rehab from my injury was the worst thing I’ve ever felt,” Hollaway said. “I did it every day so I could get back on the field with my brothers.”

He is one of the many wide receivers that have stepped up this season and made major contributions so far this year. Hollaway and the wideouts have a great relationship with one another and are constantly making each other better.

“The wide receivers are always there for one another,” Hollaway said. “We help each other out when we don’t know something and the bond that our position group has is amazing.”

A talented playmaker, Hollaway is one of the key storylines to watch this season as the Tigers make their playoff run.

Cam high points the ball (COOP!)
About the Contributor
Kyle Krupp
Kyle Krupp, Staff Writer
Kyle Krupp is a big time two-sport athlete who plays football in the fall and baseball in the spring. Kyle is undoubtedly the biggest Louisville fan on the planet and has been to almost every home football and basketball game since 2013. Kyle is a major sports buff who knows a ton of random information that contributes nothing to the world (i.e. WR Corey Davis from Western Michigan was selected with the 5th pick in 2017). Kyle also has an elite broadcasting voice that has been self-compared to Joe Buck and can be heard calling the freshman and JV baseball games all spring.