Flashback Friday Yearbook Review: 2011

The random number generator has chosen a year from the early 2010s as our next Flashback Friday. The first completely colored yearbook of the series, our eighth Flashback Friday brings us to the year of 2011. 12 years ago, the class of 2011 walked the halls of St. X. This is a quick overview of the year that was 2011.

March 10, 2023

The Tigers had another successful year in the sports world with three state championships. Swimming winning their 47th state championship isn’t a surprise. Lacrosse also won their seventh state championship, ten years after their first. The tennis team also finished with the first place trophy. 

Lax bros hoisted the trophy at the end of the day

We had two current teachers finish their high school years in 2011. History teacher Mr. AJ Glaser and Math teacher Mr. Rodriquez are those teachers. Glaser won the Award for Excellence in Drama and was accepted into the Governor’s School for the Arts. 

Mr. Glaser

There are usually students from the senior class that are in the Hall of Honors, but there are no members from any classes after 2009. The senior class did have 23 seniors with perfect attendance throughout their four years, which makes them legends in my book. World famous golfer Justin Thomas was a senior; he is probably the most famous St. X graduate today.

This man is a world famous golfer (Justin Thomas)

I don’t think that we have a ski and snowboarding club anymore, but we should definitely bring it back. Tiger Blast is the biggest event for freshmen. This is the first yearbook of the series that features the legendary event. An event that brought me back to elementary school is the Hunger Walk. 

Shredding the slopes