Mr. Zoeller’s Faith Journey

February 23, 2023

At St. X, students have the blessing of being taught by such faithful teachers. Every person of faith has a journey, and every journey has first steps. 

Mr. Zoeller, a theology teacher here at St. X was baptized as a baby at Saint Paul Parish here in South Louisville. He grew up in a very Catholic family that attended mass consistently. His Catholic upbringing was also the foundation for his schooling, attending Catholic grade school, high school and college. 

“My Catholic faith has given me a foundation to guide my decisions as an adolescent, a young adult, a teacher, a spouse, and a father,” Zoeller said. “I have always had a particular devotion to the Blessed Mother and an appreciation for the sacrament of Reconciliation. St. Paul has always been my inspiration and model of the importance of second chances and conversion.” 

These prolific events led Mr. Zoeller to become a teacher at St. X. He knows the fulfilling impact that teachers can have on students; it is what brought him back to the classroom. He has personally made connections with his students over the course of his teaching career.

“I began working in campus ministry leading the Christian Awakening Retreat at St. Francis DeSales High School,” Zoeller said. “Two of my former teachers/mentors (Tim Keogh and Laura Probus) encouraged me to apply for the campus ministry position. Since that moment, I have always worked in Catholic schools. This is my 20th year in Catholic education.” 

As the season of Lent is underway, students and faculty both have the opportunity to experience their own coming to faith and the privilege of building a closer relationship with God.