Adam Campisano

Super Bowl Pick ‘Em with Coach Larkin

February 12, 2023

It is officially time for the final episode of this series. There’s no better way to end this series and the football season than with the two clear best teams going at it in the Super Bowl.

The Philadelphia Eagles, who have been the most complete team in the league this year, will represent the NFC. This is a team that has been so successful at every aspect of the game. They have a great rushing attack, their pass-rush and secondary is strong, Jalen Hurts has been great in the pass game and their roster is filled with weapons on both sides. A.J. Brown, Devonta Smith, Miles Sanders, Haason Reddick and Jason Kelce are just a few of the many star-caliber talents that Philly puts on the field. Philly has only lost one game when Jalen Hurts has played, which shows how dominant this team has been all year. This team has definitely been the best all season, but they will certainly be tested on the biggest stage yet.

There is not a bigger test than facing Patrick Mahomes, who was recently named this year’s MVP. He not only gives opposing defenses nightmares, but he also has a unique ability of elevating his teammates’ level of play. He lost his best receiver last year in Tyreek Hill and proceeded to put up his best season with average receivers. His safety net Travis Kelce has been on his game as always. Facing up against his brother’s team will bring out the best in him for sure; however, the key to the game for the Chiefs will be in getting their running game going through Pacheco and McKinnon. The Chiefs will also have to worry about stopping the bruising running game of the Eagles behind their incredible offensive line. Chris Jones is going to need to have a monster game for Kansas City to take home the trophy. The Chiefs have been in this situation multiple times, and with Mahomes leading the team they definitely have a shot to hoist the Super Bowl at the end of the night.

Picks

Who’s going to win outright/score?

Coach Larkin: Philadelphia Eagles (35-17)

Adam Campisano: Kansas City Chiefs (28-27)

Ben Purnell: Philadelphia Eagles (34-31)

Luke Daley: Kansas City Chiefs (37-34)

National Anthem Over or Under (2 Minutes 2 Seconds)

Coach Larkin: Over

Adam Campisano: Under

Ben Purnell: Over

Luke Daley: Over

Coin Flip?

Coach Larkin: Heads

Adam Campisano: Heads

Ben Purnell: Tails

Luke Daley: Tails

Gatorade Color?

Coach Larkin: Orange

Adam Campisano: Light Blue

Ben Purnell: Blue

Luke Daley: Purple

What player scores the first touchdown?

Coach Larkin: A.J. Brown

Adam Campisano: Quez Watkins

Ben Purnell: Travis Kelce

Luke Daley: Marquez Valdes-Scantling

Who will win the Most Valuable Player award?

Coach Larkin: Jalen Hurts

Adam Campisano: Patrick Mahomes

Ben Purnell: Jalen Hurts

Luke Daley: Travis Kelce

Rankings
1. Coach Larkin 58-61
2. Ben Purnell 53-66
3. Adam Campisano 46-73
4. Luke Daley 39-80