Adam Campisano

NFL Conference Championship Pick ‘Em with Coach Larkin

January 27, 2023

Although my Dallas Cowboys’ season came to an end in the Divisional Round last weekend, the NFL playoffs have been nothing short of remarkable so far. These conference championship matchups truly involve the best four teams in the league, and I could see any one of these teams hoisting the trophy on Super Bowl Sunday.

In the AFC, we are seeing a rematch from last year’s thrilling conference championship game. The Chiefs no longer have Tyreek Hill, but they have arguably the best player in football Patrick Mahomes holding down the offense. Last week, he tweaked his ankle early against the Jaguars, but he was able to come back and finish strong at home. If I am the Chiefs, I am not worried about Mahomes underperforming. My biggest worry if I am the Chiefs is stopping Joe Burrow, who has absolutely owned the Chiefs. Burrow and the Bengals are 3-0 in their last three versus the Chiefs including a win at Arrowhead. If the Bengals easily get the ball in the hands of Jamar Chase and their playmakers, they will be hard to stop especially because they have the blueprint on how to defeat the Chiefs. Although the Bengals have won the last three meetings, all of their wins have come by three points. This came will definitely be close and could even come down to the last possession.

In the NFC, the 49ers are once again back to the conference championship. Previously led by Jimmy G, this team has had a new swagger with Brock Purdy leading the offense; they have won nine in a row when Purdy plays. Although Purdy has a great team record, he has to give credit to his weapons, which I believe is the most complete offense in the NFL. Christian McCaffrey, George Kittle, Deebo Samuel, and Brandon Aiyuk have all been performing at the highest level in the playoffs, and the Niners ferocious defense has as well. They held the Cowboys to just 12 points while forcing two turnovers; Fred Warner and Nick Bosa are the players that wreak the most havoc on opposing offenses. The Eagles offense is not going to be easy to slow down. They are the number one rushing offense, have one of the best O-lines, have a great, mobile quarterback in Jalen Hurts, and have multiple down-field receiving threats in A.J. Brown and Devonta Smith. The Eagles defense has also been one of the best all season; they live in their opponents’ backfield and their secondary is easily one of the most talented in the NFL. I expect this game to be low scoring, and I think whoever can run the ball better will win. Lincoln Financial Field will be rocking on Sunday…

Picks

#2. San Francisco 49ers vs. #1. Philadelphia Eagles

Coach Larkin: San Francisco 49ers

Adam Campisano: Philadelphia Eagles

Ben Purnell: Philadelphia Eagles

Luke Daley: San Francisco 49ers

#3. Cincinnati Bengals vs. #1. Kansas City Chiefs

Coach Larkin: Cincinnati Bengals

Adam Campisano: Cincinnati Bengals

Ben Purnell: Kansas City Chiefs

Luke Daley: Cincinnati Bengals

Rankings
1. Coach Larkin 58-59
2. Ben Purnell 51-66
3. Adam Campisano 45-72
4. Luke Daley 39-78