Collector’s Corner: Where to Buy Sneakers and Cards

November 1, 2022

Before you collect cards or shoes, you need to know where to buy them. There are many online stores that are easy and convenient for these types of purchases; however, there are great stores in Louisville that can provide not only the product but also a great experience.

Trading Cards

For trading cards I highly recommend Louisville Sports Cards. This is a very family friendly shop located on Shelbyville Road. The business is owned by father and son as well. There is a great selection of cards ranging from one to hundreds of dollars. There is also a great selection of the latest sport card boxes that range from $80 to $5,000. From my experience I have not had any problems at the store. The owners always discount people that return and are interested in the hobby as well. I also think the store prices are fair, but sometimes lean towards the more pricey side, however.

Louisville sports cards (Photo from sportscardstorelouisville.com)

Another sports card store that I recommend would be Through the Decades in Louisville. This sports card store is massive and holds single sports cards, sports card boxes, autograph memorabilia and more. The owners and employees are kind and courteous. They will always take money off as well if your ask is reasonable. I personally prefer this store over Louisville Sports Cards, but both are excellent local shops with reasonable prices.

Through the decades (Photo from Through the Decades Facebook)

Shoes

If you’re looking for shoes, I recommend Mint 502 sneaker shop on Blankenbaker Pkwy, Louisville. This store is very modern and upcoming; they have some of the rarest shoes and clothes with a friendly staff. This is my favorite store for sneaker shopping in the area however, the prices are very high and at times I’ve resorted to buying shoes online. Free Hype Shop in Louisville also has a large variety of sneakers and streetwear. This store has a much larger selection of shoes and clothes with more reasonable prices. The only catch is that the staff can be firm on prices and buying shoes from sellers.

Mint 502 (Photo from Mint502sneakerboutique.com)

Free Hype Shop (Photo used from freehypeshop.com)