This+historic+rivalry+is+a+no+doubter+as+the+game+of+the+week+in+the+city+of+Louisville+

Created by Adam Campisano

This historic rivalry is a no doubter as the game of the week in the city of Louisville

Week 4: Football Pick ‘Em with Coach Larkin

September 23, 2022

In one of the best high school sports rivalries in the nation, the mighty Tigers of Saint Xavier will face off with the Trinity Shamrocks in a huge football matchup this Friday. Over the past ten years, the Shamrocks have had the Tigers number. However, after a win in the rivalry last year on the way to a state championship run, the Tigers are looking to gain the upper hand. The Tigers main strength is their solid defense, led by Purdue commit, Micah Carter, who has already tallied three sacks on the year. Carter is a huge part of the stellar linebacker core along with Jaxon Panariello, Austin Uhrhan, Holden Siebel, and Henry Murr. The Tiger defensive backs are also a very solid group as well with key players such as Tyler Boggs, Cooper Smith, Kanon Williams, and Jack Fitzgerald.

Although the defense has been outstanding for the Tigers, the offense is not something that should be overlooked. Trevor Havill has gotten better in each game he has played, and this has been made easy by our solid receiver core. The receiving core has a lot of depth and is headed by Adam Boone, Jackson Campisano, Zach Marks, and freshman stud Marlon Harbin. Our two headed snake of running backs, Davis Yates and Dontre Richardson, have continued to play well all year. I expect the Tigers to play their most complete game yet on the biggest stage.

Both teams are coming off a loss. St. X lost to Elder in Cincinnati last Friday, and Trinity lost a tough game to Male last Friday. Trinity’s main strength is their defense, so it’s going to be interesting to see how the first couple drives go for the Tigers. Anything can happen in a rivalry game, and Cardinal Stadium is going to be wild.

Picks

Who’s going to win outright/score?

Coach Larkin: St. X (28-10)

Adam Campisano: St. X (20-10)

Ben Purnell: St. X (28-17)

Luke Daley: St. X (27-10)

Longest Touchdown Over/Under 39.5 yards?

Coach Larkin: Over

Adam Campisano: Under

Ben Purnell: Over

Luke Daley: Over

Defensive or Special Team TD?

Coach Larkin: Yes

Adam Campisano: No

Ben Purnell: Yes

Luke Daley: Yes

What player scores the first touchdown?

Coach Larkin: Adam Boone

Adam Campisano: Jackson Campisano

Ben Purnell: Adam Boone

Luke Daley: Dontre Richardson

What defensive player has the most tackles?

Coach Larkin: Micah Carter/ Henry Murr

Adam Campisano: Austin Uhrhan

Ben Purnell: Jaxon Panariello

Luke Daley: Teddy Meiers

Who has the most receiving yards?

Coach Larkin: Adam Boone

Adam Campisano: Adam Boone

Ben Purnell: Zach Marks

Luke Daley: Adam Boone

Rankings
1. Ben Purnell 8-7
2. Coach Larkin 7-8
3. Luke Daley 5-10
4. Adam Campisano 4-11