More “Damn People” Need to See “Damn Yankees”

March 22, 2022

Cultured Tigers, that’s what this world needs. X men who understand the importance of culture are the X men who are going to change the world.

I am in no way looking to brag, but I am cultured. I know this because on Saturday I attended “Damn Yankees” presented by the St. X players; it was FANTASTIC. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and want to recommend this experience to anyone who might want to become cultured.

Sophomore year I signed up for Acting I: a class that I thought could get me out of my comfort zone and make me a more well-rounded individual. I had no idea that the one-semester class was going to open up to me an entirely new way to be entertained. I wish I could say that I am a world-class performer who can kill on a stage. That is simply not the case. However, in my effort to be a world-class performer, I learned how hard it is to be in a production, whether it be a play or a musical. The detail and talent it takes to make one of these productions well is immense.

It brings great joy for me to say St. X possesses the talent it takes. I give my highest recommendation for you to go see “Damn Yankees”, if not to support your brothers and witness the diverse talent St. X offers then to at least get some culture.