Sky and Joey’s Release Radar

February 4, 2022

Friday is my favorite day of the week for many reasons. For me, it is because of how much new music comes out. I start my Friday morning by listening to my release radar. Sky and I listen to all kinds of music, and we want to share what new music we are listening to. We have a similar taste in music, (mostly rap and classic rock) so if you share our music taste, check out this article every Friday. (Click on the title to listen to the song on Spotify).

Sky

“LAst dAy oN EarTh” – Tai Verdes

Tai Verdes, with his mellow and joyous style of music released “LAst dAy oN EaRTh” and it does not disappoint. In this new track, he talks about what he would do if he were to die today. He delivers a chill, brass-filled melody accompanied by his soothing voice with effortless rhymes, which makes the song really flow. This song makes me optimistic and ready for a new day to begin, even if it’s an NTI day.

Joey

“Soldier” – Saba, Pivot Gang

Saba just dropped this album today, and based off of my first (but not last) listen to this song, it might become one of my favorites. The beat makes the song so good, being upbeat, but still chill at the same time. That might have made no sense, but once you listen to the song you’ll understand. The ending beat switch also had me in shock. It was extremely unexpected, and the group harmonies just hits different. This is not an album to miss, and you should definitely check out Saba’s music.