Xavier News

Xavier News

Xavier News

Milliner Tosses No-Hitter

Photo+courtesy+of+Jack+Bates+
Photo courtesy of Jack Bates

On Thursday, May 2, senior Ian Milliner threw just the 6th no-hitter in school history against the Ballard Bruins and the program’s first since 2011. Milliner’s performance on the mound came with just 67 pitches thrown, striking out three batters in the process.

“I kept my rhythm by knowing that my defense had my back,” Milliner said of his composure. “They made the tough plays and that trust helped me continue to fill up the zone and not do too much with my pitches.”

Milliner’s excellence on the mound combined with the 7 runs scored by the St. X led to total domination on the diamond by the Tigers over the Bruins.

“I feel honored that I am among the great alumni pitchers of St. X and proud that I was able to leave an impact on this school,” Milliner said. “Coming into St. X I never expected to be in the position I am in and it is truly a dream come true.”

About the Contributor
Matthew Lynn
Matthew Lynn, Staff Writer

Matthew Lynn is a junior at St. X who is known to have a better football mind than Sean McVay. Matthew is a Dallas sports fanatic, Whether it is the Stars, Cowboys, Rangers or Mavericks, “It’s always our year!” Matthew is heavily involved in the Tiger Sports Network and has called over 50 athletic events for the Tigers. He is also a part of the tennis program at St. X and was a part of a state title in 2021.