Trevor Havill Reclassifies

At 6’5″, 210 pounds, it is hard to miss the starting quarterback, Trevor Havill, while he’s walking the halls of St. X. Next year, he will be walking the halls of another school. Instead of going to college next year, Havill is reclassifying into the class of 2025 to try to improve his chances of getting recruited by Power Five schools to play football.

Havill committed to Ohio State to play lacrosse, but he quit lacrosse at the beginning of his junior season and isn’t going to play anymore. He officially decommitted from Ohio State when he announced that he was reclassifying. Havill has received a few Division I offers to play football. He has offers from Cornell, Bucknell, UT Martin, and New Mexico State.

Havill spent most of his life thinking that he would play lacrosse in college, but now he has decided that he wants to play football. All of his focus has been on football for only about six months now, and he has already received four Division I offers. With one more year at the high school level, he will receive more attention than ever, and he knows he can go to one of the top schools in the country.

“In order to improve my chances of getting to one of these Power Five schools that I have always dreamed of playing at, I needed more time to let schools take a better look at me,” Havill said. “The option of taking a postgraduate year gave me that time that I needed. Now I just need to have a good year.”

In his junior season at St. X, while splitting snaps at quarterback with senior Adam Boone, Havill had 64 completions for 864 yards and ten touchdowns with only three interceptions. But, in his senior year, he has a revamped receiving corps; Havill already has 66 completions for 829 yards and seven touchdowns in only five games.

“Coach Wallace and Coach Cantrall have helped me grow as a player, especially when it comes to the mental aspect of the game,” Havill added.

With a third full season of high school football, Havill expects to get offers from big-time schools such as Michigan State, Kentucky, and more. He wants to take his final year to focus all of his attention and time on improving his game and getting recruited. That is why he is going to a school that will give him those opportunities.

Even though Havill won’t be at St. X anymore, we will keep up with how he is doing wherever he ends up.

About the Contributor
Carson Owen
Carson Owen, Staff Writer
Carson is a senior at St. X who plays football. He enjoys going to Kentucky football or basketball games. He has been going to games since he was very young. In his free time he likes to do things outdoors such as go kayaking or golfing with his friends.